Date & Time: Mon Nov 02 2020 at 09:00 am to Fri Nov 06 2020 at 04:00 pm
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
High Level Skills in Community Project Development
This course is aimed at enhancing participant’s knowledge regarding community development issues and challenges both current and emerging, appropriate community development processes, approaches, strategies and skills to enable them to be effective community workers, trainers and leaders in terms of addressing and coping with these community development issues and challenges. It involves field practical work in a community by using participatory and learning approaches, processes and skills that they have learnt, to help communities effectively contribute to their own development needs. The three core areas of this course include, first, the Basic Concepts of Community Development: This examines how social, economic, political and governance factors affect and impact community development. Similarly, the course examines how gender issues and climate change affect community development. The second core area, Community Development Process, examines the processes and skills required to enable and facilitate effective community development. These processes and skills allow us to acquire communication, advocacy, leadership, conflict management, reporting and decision making skills in the context of community development. The third core area, Community Project Development: introduces the participants to the different elements that make up a project and the different phases of developing a project. The practical experience of this course will help the participants engage in community development work based on real-life situations.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
• Describe how the resources and services available in your physical and cultural development.
• Apply the knowledge of environmental factors that affect community development.
• Evaluate gender issues in recognition of your own culture.
• Interpret the importance of situational analysis as a basis for choosing a community development project.
• Acquire communication, advocacy, mobilizing, reporting and decision making skills through the implementation of a community development project.
• Demonstrate good leadership and strategies as part of the qualities an effective community leader.
• Apply knowledge conflict management through case study.
• Apply project management knowledge to conduct field work.
• Apply project management knowledge to identify community problems and prepare a concept note
• Deliver some kinds of skills training where appropriate and provide advice and advocacy community development work. .
Who should enroll?
This course is strongly recommended for persons performing community project management tasks, those that want to increase their project management skills, apply a formalized and standards-based approach to project management.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a course training agenda
Why train with us
Vital Extra Learning guarantees our clients:
• State-of-the-art facilities and training infrastructure
• Extended tradition of hand-holding during post engagement
• Service delivery through highly seasoned industry experts.
• Value for money
Tickets for High Level Skills in Community Project Development can be booked here.