What is until tomorrow on Instagram?
With social distancing, advice to stay home and government imposed lockdowns around the world, people are finding creative ways to entertain themselves on social media.
Social media challenges have existed for a long time but have become increasingly popular during the outbreak of coronavirus.
These challenges often come with their own set of rules.
Here are the rules of the until tomorrow challenge:
- One user posts a photo of themselves in a silly pose.
- The photo is posted with the phrase until tomorrow.
- The photo must stay on the person’s feed for a whole day before it is deleted.
- The owner of the picture sends anyone who liked it a direct message telling them it is their turn to post an until tomorrow picture.
Although the challenge has proved to be a hit on Instagram with my people participating many Twitter users are not impressed going on to slam the fun.
What other social media challenges are there?
There are a number of challenges people are engaging in to keep entertained.
Various notable people have taken part in the challenges which have been shared numerous of times on social media.
- Barcelona soccer star Riqui Puig started a social media challenge, which has now been called the 10 touch toilet paper challenge, where social media users substitute a soccer ball for toilet paper. Users are challenged to get ten foot touches in a row before the toilet paper hits the ground. The challenge has proved popular as several athletes including Lionel Messi, who was challenged by teammate Xavi, has taken part.
- The gesture challenge has gone viral on Tik Tok and challenges users to copy a list of complex hand movements accompanied by a fast paced dance track. Celebrities including The Jonas Brothers have participated in the challenge.
- Film mogul Tyler Perry introduced the he’s got the whole world challenge, which challenges users to sing the nursery rhyme, He’s Got the Whole World. The challenge has become a hit on Instagram as Mariah Carey, Jennifer Hudson, User, and Destiny’s Child’s Michelle Williams are among the big names who have taken part.